Saturday 28 September 2013

Decided

The agency met the birth mom this morning.  They confirmed her history and everything that she had told me about the birth dad.  They told me that she chose us and doesn't want to look at any other birth parents.  They are starting paperwork this week to relinquish the father's rights.  He's doing it voluntarily and they said it shouldn't be an issue at all.  They will hold everything in our file until the birth.

I can't begin to really explain how I feel.  I'm emotional and overwhelmed.  The birth mom called me after meeting with the agency.  She asked me if I believed in intuition and things happening for a reason.  I told her that I absolutely do.  She told me that the moment she saw our photo she just knew.  She said that we're meant to be the parents of her baby and that's she's 100% positive of it.

No one ever told me in this process that I would not only feel love for the baby that hasn't been born yet, but that I would also feel love for this birth mom.  I don't know how to explain it.  I'm so grateful for her.  It's so easy to talk to her and I feel like I've known her for a long time.  It's a very strange feeling.  Over the last two days I have been online finding every bit of info I can about the birth parents.  I feel like it's so important to document anything that we can.

She's making a doctor's appointment tomorrow and she wants me to be there.  We plan on meeting, all four of us, before the appointment for lunch.  I'm curious about the dad since I haven't talked to him and don't have a real feel for his personality yet.

I really do feel that everything that we've gone through has lead up to this.  I feel like this is what was meant to be all along.


No comments:

Post a Comment