Saturday 28 September 2013

Nursery


We put together the crib tonight!  The nursery is still looking pretty basic right now.  I tried to upload two pics from my phone, but I was having issues so only one for now...  I had new curtains made and we wish that we could have removed the lovely baseboard heater, but in a mid century modern home that's what we have to work with in the spare bedrooms.  We have a print that we will hang on the wall that we bought on our honeymoon.  I think both of us expected it would be in a nursery some day and we will finally get to put it up.

I bought the crib from Land of Nod and love it.  It has walnut feet that you can't see very well in the pic.  It was really easy to put together.  I ordered the handmade blanket from Etsy.  We painted two walls light green and two walls light blue, but you can barely tell the difference between the two.  I couldn't make up my mind so I decided to use both.  The carpet is a grey wool.

It's surreal putting together a nursery again.  We did it once in preparation for foster care and now we are doing it again in preparation for adoption.  I'm glad that we didn't do this during the IVF cycles.  Everything is new, we're excited....  This room hasn't been waiting for a baby for years.

Our photo portfolio is almost complete.  I'll take a couple other interior photos of our home tomorrow and Farmie still has to write his section about me.  I hope to order it Friday.  Megan went through it for me and gave some suggestions.  She recommended only ordering one at first and then seeing if anything needed to be corrected.

The agency checked in with us last week asking when our portfolio would be complete.  They haven't discussed any other birth moms with us, but they do sound eager to get us in the pool.  It's funny to me how after doing everything that we have done in order to get pregnant it's still overwhelming to take that next step and hand over our portfolio.  

No comments:

Post a Comment