Saturday 28 September 2013

Friends Adoption Day

Today I was lucky to witness an adoption in the courtroom.  A friend of mine that used to work at my office became a foster mom after we were licensed.  They couldn't have biological children and one day I suggested to her that they should try foster care to see what they thought.  They went through all the steps and licensing and got their first and last placement.  A little boy and girl, ages 4 and 6, were dropped off at their home over a year and a half ago.  Today they are officially part of their family.

The courtroom was full of friends and family and I was the impromtu informal photographer.  They had purchased necklaces for the children that had their new name and adoption date.  I start bawling along with the dad and mom when the dad started talking to his son.  He thanked him for allowing him to become a father and he made promises to both children.  He had a little mini father daughter dance with the little girl that was so precious.

I'm still emotional over this experience.  I feel so blessed to have been able to witness this.  The timing is interesting since we will be dropping off our portfolio this week to the agency.  They also used the same attorney that handles our agency's adoptions.

Moments like this make me so grateful for our life, this entire journey.  Days like this make me feel that everything always turns out just the way it is meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment